Monday, March 30, 2015

Tattoo guy

After reading “Drawn to a Larger Scale” by Alex Williams I was surprised how many celebrity names were dropped. I thought the story was a little pretentious and had a hard time caring about the subject but I pressed on and read the whole thing.
I suppose I find the main character interesting in that he was able to work himself up into the “in crowd” with mostly nothing separating him from other artist but his mentioned personality. The main character had a colorful history from gang infested streets to my poo don’t stink sophistication.
I guess the moral of the story Is to do what you like and enjoy doing. Eventually if you do it well enough you might find a way to make a living from it.  Scott Cambell was able to do this and expressed this view by saying even if the celebrities did not like his art he would still be able to make a living giving tattoos.

                                                                                                                                    Jacob Hollar

No comments:

Post a Comment