Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Immigration

As an assignment for class I read a story about found here http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/15/opinion/the-heartache-of-an-immigrant-family.html?_r=0 Written by Sonia Nazario . The story was about the poverty in Hounduras and the difficulties imposed on immigrants by United States policies on illegal immigration. No one can blame anyone for wanted to move somewhere where there are better opportunities.
I will say though I can’t relate even on a common sense level to the main character of focus Enrique. If you’re willing to attempt  crossing the United States boarder and being stopped or even worse going through the process of deportation why not do it the right way. You might save time and most likely money. Plus you wont risk deportation. I aware that it is hard to obtain a visa but it just makes sense to me to go this route.
Another thing that did not did not endear me to Enrique is that fact he was arrested for partying in a hotel. Why would you do this if you were trying to keep a low profile? Where was his wife and child while he was partying? He doesn’t seem like he was contributing to society or his family.
 Personally I’m all for open immigration but the right way. If you let people who won’t contribute to the societies greater good freely into the country they will only drain Social security type programs paid for by tax payers. If you let people willing to stay out of jail, work and look after their own children then I say welcome to America with no limitations on the number of those types of applicants.  Everyone in this country had an ancestor at one time who came here from another land even the native Americans. No one should turn their nose up at new immigrants. The true work is determining who would be a drain on society or a contributer.

                                                Jacob Hollar

2 comments:

  1. Great job in your writing, it truly was on point and in detail. It is crazy how immigration was handled by out nation. Again great job in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job in your writing, it truly was on point and in detail. It is crazy how immigration was handled by out nation. Again great job in the paper.

    ReplyDelete